Background

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dallas Market, Global Views Showroom

Last week, I hastily decided I should go to Dallas to once again visit Market.  The spur-of-the-moment trip was certainly worth it and my favorite showroom did not disappoint! I had so many great photos of this amazing and innovative company that I had to do a blog of just their space!
Global Views has been one of my favorite vendors since my internship 2 years ago.  Not only are they constantly introducing unique items but their displays are always so incredibly interesting.  My eyes did not stop moving the entire time I we were wandering through the showroom.
Their ingenious way of 'massing' items create such unique 3-dimensional visual effects!  Massing is where you use a large number of items or lots of large items to accessorize a space.  If you know me, you know how appealing that is for me because I am such a hoader :)
This photo is a great example of 'massing;' those are individual mirrors, not one big one!
This showroom also had the brightest, liveliest colors; everything is always so uplifting and happy.

 
But they also had a new item that I actually had a very strong emotional response to.....


YEST!! Those are divers diving down the wall!  And that is a sculpture of a diver diving through hoops! This is what I am saving my money for; I literally had to stop and let my heart settle down for several minutes before moving on.
These are super cute too! The random arrangement of hand gestures caught me by surprise as I was walking by.  They can serve as towel, robe, jewelry or coat hooks!

More photos to come!

1 comment:

  1. WOW - those divers are super cute. And I love the hands for towel racks. Might have to use them in our new place (where ever that is)! Before buying the men, I'd check to see if they are working on a woman version!
    Love you and your style...
    MOM

    ReplyDelete