Background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

6 months! Revisited

I don't think I ever really sat and thought about what an accomplishment not purchasing any clothing, shoes or accessories for 6 months was for me!  I love shopping!  Kinda obsessed with it!  I love the thrill of finding a great deal or finding some article of clothing that screams "ERIKA! I am PERFECT for you!!"

During the past two weeks, I have thought about buying myself something nice to celebrate my accomplishment.  But I just haven't done it yet and I have been trying to think about why....

1.  Despite the very generous birthday gifts I received this year...thank you everyone!.....Winston needs new tires and a few more upkeep items more than I need a new dress. Bummer! I know!

2.  Its easier to stay in crazy non-shopping mode than to try and ease my way back into purchasing things.  I almost feel guilty for wanting to buy something!  So its easier for me to just walk away and not spend the money than try and justify a purchase.

3.  Now I am really picky!  I can't just buy anything now...its has to be PERFECT!  And perfect is pretty hard to come by!  I can easily find a flaw with something or come up with some reason for not needing purchasing it.  For instance, the other day I spend 15 minutes staring at stationary trying to pick what I really wanted.  Eventually I just gave up and walked out of the store empty handed!

So I've decided to make a list for myself and I can only buy things from that list....and only periodically.  That way I won't dive off the deep-end into a spending frenzy and I still get the things I need...and a few items I really want.

Keep your eyes open...because I will definitely be blogging about my upcoming purchases!  Its that big of a deal for me!

1 comment:

  1. Buying things isn't your priority, but finding exactly what you like and NEED. Keep the Big Picture in mind, "can I live without it?" If you can, easy decision. If it brings JOY to someone or yourself, it's a good purchase.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete