Thursday, February 25, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Superbowl Sunday is this weekend and while neither Adrienne or I get pumped up about the big game, we do get excited when there is a reason to bake! Adrienne found the best recipe for a football dessert..... Mini Oreo Truffle Footballs! We figured that the recipe, being only 5 steps and 4 ingredients, would be rather simple and more importantly, delicious.
and these are ours!
While they might not look appetizing, they are so incredibly delicious! Enjoy!
1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration. (I usually eat mine before they make it to this stage.)
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 36 truffles.
Notes: I used a small cookie cutter to push the mixture through for the heart shaped truffles. Also, it helps to freeze the uncoated balls for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart in the melted chocolate. If this becomes a problem, dip them in the chocolate, let dry and then dip again. They are also good dipped in regular milk chocolate bark. And for an extra twist, use the mint oreo sandwich cookies.