Background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

OKC Food!

I am sorry I don't have any pictures of any more food that I ate while in Oklahoma City....but it is so worth mentioning!  Cindy's brother, David and her daughter Whitney and I enjoyed several meals that were finger-licking good!  A self-proclaimed foody, David knew all the perfect places to eat around town.

We enjoyed an incredibly delicious meal at Paseo Grill.  The cream of mushroom soup - YES! I did eat it- was mouth-watering, bowl-licking, close-your-eyes delicious! It took all I had not to lick the bowl clean!
But we didn't stop with the soup, I also enjoyed Paseo Persephone cocktail so infused with pomegranate flavor that it tasted like candy and my meal of salmon with an olive, tomato, artichoke and palm heart salad was fresh and flavorful.  But I also took full advantage of tasting everyone else's meals as well!  Whitney's salad with roasted duck was superb and David's ribeye with carmelized carrots and mashed potatoes was unbelievable!  

Is your mouth watering yet??? We finished the meal with the best key lime pie I've had since being in the Florida keys and a chocolate tower!  I am drooling just remembering it!  We were so stuffed that we went home and fell asleep cuddling on the couch!

Another amazing meal we had was at a sushi restaurant called Saii.  We split four sushi rolls between the three of us.  As most of you know, I love sushi and can pretty much eat my weight in the unique and ever-evolving food!  

While we didn't eat at the Prohibition Room, we did enjoy several cocktails and a great live band there.  

And last but certainly not least....we stopped at a Braums on the way home!  I haven't been able to enjoy a Braums milk shake in over 10 years! And I was so excited when we also got a free scoop of ice cream with our meal!  There really isn't any other way to describe Braums, but as happiness in a milkshake!


No comments:

Post a Comment