Background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Granite Yards!

Going to a granite yard to select slabs of granite to turn into countertops is one my favorite parts of my job!  Maybe because I used to want to be a gemologist......  
I'm working on a project with Greg and we had to head out to a yard to select a slab for our client's bathroom countertops and bathtub deck.   Luckily, we just missed the rain and were able to wander around without getting soaked.
With the help of the owner, it didn't take us long to find the perfect piece but while Greg was busy tagging the slab, I took my time wandering in and out of the aisles looking at some of the most beautiful rocks I have ever seen!

Typical me :)
Some of the slabs are so incredibly beautiful that they can be used as artwork! And what I find even more amazing, is that every single slab is totally and completely different and unique from every other piece. 
This particular granite yard had a wide selection of exotic granites quarried from all over the world!  
There really isn't anything quite like what God has made for us!

1 comment:

  1. Tag that Iron Red for me! That would go beautifully in what I see as our next house. Big on black with that red accent - perfect!
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete