Background

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Michigan Cherries

No, this blog post really doesn't have much to do about Michigan cherries, although I did enjoy a handful or two.  My visit home was so utterly wonderful that the entire 5 days can not possible fit in one blog post.  I had such a great feeling of returning "home" the second I stepped off the plane.  Although its been over 7 months since I have been back to Michigan, driving down familiar highways and through familiar neighborhoods, sleeping in my old bed, chatting at my grandma's dining table, enjoying one of dad's home-brewed beers and cuddling on the couch for movie nights with my mom made me feel like I had only been away for a few days.  I told my mom on my last day in town, "it just feels like home.  Not like a place I have to visit, not strange or new.  Its just comfortable, loving, home!"
On my first day back, I picked my brother Travis up from his apartment in Detroit and we took a quick urban tour around the town.  We began on campus and spent some time taking pictures of places that I used to pass by so often but never bothered to stop and snap a pic.
Cobo hall....
Hart Plaza with Detroit in the background....
GM building.....
If you hop on Grand River in Detroit and head west, it might take you awhile but you'll eventually hit our house!

Stay tuned to see more pictures of our urban adventure!  Much more entertaining pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. Reading it made me teary! It was a wonderful visit, but too short. We are planning to come to Houston for Boo's birthday for at least a week. Then off on our cruise!!!!
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete