Background

Monday, August 16, 2010

Houston HomeAid

I admit it!  I finally went to a Houston Astros game!!! Now, many of you know....I am not a fan of baseball. Not that I don't respect the athletes-- I will respect anyone who can hit a ball flying at your nose at 90 mph with a small wooden stick!  I just find the sport a bit boring :)
The reason for my attendance is really quite remarkable.  I have spoken a lot recently about an organization my company is involved with called the GHBA (Greater Houston Builders Association).  For several years, the GHBA has worked hand-in-hand with Houston HomeAid, a charitable organization that builds transitional housing for the homeless.  

Every year, a custom homebuilder is selected to build a playhouse to be raffled off at one of the Astros games.  My job was to try and sell as many tickets as possible.  The easiest way to do that.....get people to check out the AWESOME playhouse!

Did you see what comes with it????  A Nintendo Wii, a flat-screen TV, security, the builder will come out to your house and pour a concrete foundation and hook up all of the wiring to your house! But the most amazing part, is that it was build with parts from the original Astros dugout!  The bench out front has billions of cleat marks from the players!

Now, most of you who read my blog aren't anywhere in the area, but you can purchase a $5 raffle ticket online and if you win, donate the playhouse to a church...or the "Brenner Needs A Cool Playhouse Fund!"

Click anywhere on the picture to purchase a ticket....I bought one!  I'm not going to lie- I'd like to hang out in this thing! And if you don't win, at least you will be helping fight homeless which, is always a great feeling!


I also got to watch the game too!


2 comments:

  1. How many tickets did you sell?
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss you found me! Tragically I won't be hearing back to MI until Labor Day (I have a wedding to go to) but I would just love to see you...I don't know how we're going to work it now that NEITHER of us is really anywhere near Detroit -- but I know we will! I miss the days when you were just on the other side of the wall!

    I hope your trip is fabulous. Enjoy some cherries for me :)

    ReplyDelete