Background

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Home Brewed Beer

Nope, this post doesn't have a whole lot to do with home brewed beer.....but I did enjoy an amazing glass of beer brewed by my very own dad!  I was a little disappointed when I realized that bringing some home with me really wasn't going to be a good idea!  Having six bottles of beer explode in my bag really wasn't my idea of a great flight home to Houston.
Anywho, Travis and I had such a fun time driving around Detroit and we spent the majority of our time in Hart Plaza, one of my favorite places in town.
Close to the entrance of Hart Plaza is the Spirit of Detroit, a monumental statue dedicated to the city in 1958.  Behind the statue bears the inscription from 2 Corinthians (3:17) "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."
  
Maybe one of my favorite parts of town is the giant fist of Joe Louis!  I have been told by some very reliable sources that the fist is the actual size of Joe Louis's arm......
Knocked out!
Hart Plaza is home to so many events each year.....
as well as some good ole' fashioned fun!
A patrol officer with some very honed photography skills took this picture of Trav and I!
If only we could travel by Stargate!

Now that's all I have about the places I visited....but what remains of my trip is the most important part, the people I visited!  Old friends and amazing family members made my trip heartwarming, fun, and full of so much love and laughter!

1 comment:

  1. I really love these pictures - especially the stargate and Trav in the car. I know you guys didn't get to spend too much time together but it looks like you had a wonderful time. I think you both are amazing!
    I love you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete