Background

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I bought something!!!!

Finally buying a article of clothing after 7 months of not purchasing anything, was way more difficult that I anticipated!  No, I am not suffering from buyer's remorse.  But I think that's only because I had prepared myself to do a little spending.

For the past month, my team at work and myself have been working extremely hard to prepare our entries for this year's Houston's Best Awards.  The competition involves Houston area designers, builders, and remodelers who are all vying for "Houston's Best" bathroom, kitchen, living room, home, outdoor living space, marketing and advertising, humanitarian efforts, etc.  On September 18th, the winners are announced at a formal gala!

So..... I need a dress! Yes, I am sure I have a dress that would suit just fine for the event, but I figured if I am going to break my spending spree, this would be a good excuse for doing it.  I gave myself a budget of $100 for the dress and headed to the San Marcos outlet stores with Greg and Adrienne.

I was almost giddy while I was walking across the parking lot to head into one of my favorite designer stores, BCBG Maxazria!  What I wasn't anticipating and what I didn't remember from shopping before were all of the options!  Within ten minutes I had a stack of dresses draped over my shoulder and even had a very cute employee helping me select more!

Fortunately for me, the first dress I spotted in the store, also the first dress I tried on, was the one!  And it came in under budget!  That means I have more to spend on shoes and accessories, right?

After finding, trying on, and purchasing this dress in less than 20 minutes, I felt pretty confident about shopping.  A couple of days after my big purchase, I headed to Macy's to find some stellar shoes to go with the dress.  

That's where the problems began....there were just way too many shoes to choose from!  I couldn't focus, could't even attempt to narrow down my choices.  After 30 minutes of aimlessly wandering around the store, I sent a text message to my sister with an SOS and asked her to go on a date with me to find some shoes!

Lesson of the weekend:  Go shopping with a purpose!  Its easier to find what you are looking for and more difficult to deviate from what you really need!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you were able to spend some money on yourself and not feel quilty. On the shoe front, I bought you a pair of black strappy sandals at Younkers to look at! They were very inexpensive but cute and sexy. I like the dress: it's very you, but think the royal blue one (heavy) with flowers around the neck would bring out the beautiful color of your eyes better!
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete