Background

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Not the DC from 8th Grade


The rest of my trip in DC continued on as random as it had began; we did absolutely nothing ordinary!  On my second day in town, we ate a delicious lunch at a small place in Dupont called the Commissary.  The potato pancakes with Lox and scrambled eggs were so incredibly delectable that I took my sweet time enjoying every bite.

After eating, we returned to the place we were staying and relaxed on the roof under the sun.  Lisa brought her book thinking we would read but I knew better.  We spent the next 2 hours chatting and catching up over what we had missed in each others' lives-- jobs, moves, trips, mischief, books, movies, family, friends, gossip, boys, change, hilarity, etc!

Here are a few photos of the Library of Congress we had visited earlier-- more proof that I was actually in DC.



Beautiful stained glass windows.

For dinner, we headed to yet another friend of Lisa's.  Laura and Lisa met while they were both living in Geneva last summer.  Oddly enough, I had also met Laura while I was visiting Lisa in Geneva!  I have been saying this a lot lately, but it is such a small world!  Laura cooked a tasty pasta for us and then.....

we savored a Frozen Yo dessert! Places like Frozen Yo are popping up all over the place.  It is entirely self-serve in that you create your own dessert.  There are about 12 different flavors of yogurts to choose from and then a toppings bar.  The price is determined by how much your bowl weighs.  Luckily, your bowl is weighed before you drown your yogurt in hot fudge!

After attending a party overflowing with University of Michigan grads, meeting several people from Detroit, brunching in Eastern Market (and having the worst temptation to break my no shopping pact ever) and having dinner with a nice guy at the Atlanta airport during my layover, I can't make a single complaint about my mini getaway.  I think I have quickly learned to take what life throws at you, smile and run with it!

I'd like to thank Lisa for the amazing weekend and all of her friends for their hospitality, kindness and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment