Background

Sunday, November 28, 2010

So Thankful for....

I know its a little past due to post my blessings, but doesn't everyone always say 'better late than never!'  I have a tremendous amount to be thankful for as Christmas is sneaking up on us and will take a moment to share a few of the things that have enriched my life thus far.....

*Its been almost a year since moving into and helping establish the Hostel de Wamhoff and everyday is comforting, surprising, happy, and full of love.  Not to mention the endless supply of candy and homemade salsa!

*Not only am I lucky to have a job, I am extremely lucky to have a job that I love!  Yes, its full of challenges, learning situations, and sometimes crazy tasks, but the people I work with are a million blessings each and have allowed me the time and space to learn, grow, make mistakes, fall a little, and definitely rise a lot.

*I am currently infatuated with yogurt covered raisins. I am thankful for both yogurt and raisins and especially the person who decided to combine the two!

*Love is something I thank God for everyday, especially when it comes to my loving loving loving family!

*Christmas music.  I'm obsessed.  There is no possible way to listen to Christmas music and not be full of holiday cheer!  Try it! I dare you :)

*Cameras- I've recently determined that I am a 'visual reader.' I don't read text, I read pictures and other images because its amazing the types of things you can capture with a photo....(funny considering I blog!)  An entire story, a feeling -happiness, togetherness, awkwardness, inappropriateness- beauty, a mood, a reaction, a thought process, a fight, a triumph, or even nothing at all expressed on a single 5x7.

*I can't say I am a firm believer of fate, but I do think things happen for a reason and I am grateful for the people that have literally fallen out of the sky and bumped themselves into my life.  There are so many milliseconds that could have gone differently and completely changed where I would be right now.

*Pain killers and microwaved ice cream.  I couldn't have made it through a week of discomfort and pain without you...or my personal nurse! :)

Of course there is so much more but time is short and space is always limited!  Happy Holidays!

2 comments: