Background

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011!

By Design is part of the Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA) and they like to throw some great parties. The networking event for October was, of course, a costume party and all of the women from By Design spent weeks creating their costumes. The day of the party was like the backstage of a crazy Broadway performance; everyone was frantically making sure their costumes were perfect.

From left to right starting on the stop row.....
A Waitress, Queen of Hearts, Cadet, Alice in Wonderland, Belly Dancer, Gold Digger
Pirate, Black Swan

I decided to keep my costume a secret and got ready at my apartment before the party.  I covered my eyes with sunglasses as I drove to the party despite the fact it was already dusk.  After walking into the wrong party- I fluttered my way into the GHBA networking event and struck my best ballerina pose!

And what would a costume party be without a costume contest? I spent way too much time on my costume to not enter the contest and after dancing around like a twisted ballerina for several minutes, I ended up winning "Most Original!" 

In fact- I didn't ever really leave character. I danced around pretty much the entire night :)


Even Evan made an appearance as Miami Vice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment