Background

Friday, December 10, 2010

A Very Merry Thanksgiving

Sorry to backtrack, but I can't leave out one of the greatest days of this year....Thanksgiving!  Two families were able to get together, crowd around a large dining table and enjoy a delicious meal!
My dad was on turkey duty and was so involved with making sure it was perfect, he passed when asked to bring out his mashed potato skills! The deep-fried turkey was perfect! I really don't think I can ever eat turkey cooked a different way! 
Last year, Adrienne began a tradition and it has become one of my favorite parts of the day.  Each year, everyone who is with us at Thanksgiving gets a piece of paper and writes what they are thankful for.  We then read each out loud and attach them together to create a paper chain.  It looks a little dinky now, but in a few years is will be wonderfully long chain full of thankfulness! 
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment