Background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Houston Tree Lighting

On Friday, I headed to downtown Houston to meet up with my friend Caitlin to attend the Houston Tree Lighting! Caitlin and I went to Williamston High School together and she recently moved to Houston with her husband.  We met up with several of her friends at the lounge in the Houston Aquarium for some happy hour drinks.
Houston's Christmas tree in Hermann Park was just a few blocks from the Aquarium and around 6 , the holiday party started.  For an hour we enjoyed some musical performances by various choirs and even some Christmas carols by the singer of the famous song "Soul Train."  
At about 7pm, thousands of people counted down to light the city's tree and marvel at the fireworks that boomed amidst the sky scrapers! 
Reliant Energy provided the light-up Santa hats for anyone who wanted one and I loved the view of thousands of people in the holiday spirit! 
I had to stop to snap this picture of the Houston skyline as Caitlin and I walked to Market Square for dinner. 

Market Square was a delicious selection for dinner with yummy and cleverly named sandwiches (I dined on the BLT & A :) and some great beer! Yup! I said...beer! And we even walked our way over to La Carafe, the oldest bar in Houston to enjoy another beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment