Background

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a Week

I have to apologize for the lack of posting lately...I've been a little busy...livin' life!  So much has happened this past week and I don't think there's enough time to explain....so let me sum up.

I've set three goals for myself that I am really pushing myself to keep (hopefully writing it out for the world to see will be a huge motivating factor)!

1.  Work out!  I have been lazy for far too long-- its time to start being/feeling healthier!  I have set up a work out schedule that has been going strong for 2 days! 

2.  Start donating blood!  Its easy, its quick, its a little thing to make a difference!

3.  Try a new recipe every week!  I love food! and I love to cook!  Its time to add some new tools!  

Last week was my first week and I decided to try to make Pesto from scratch!  I loved it!
Ingredients:
2 cups of fresh basil leaves stripped from stem
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper

*Blend these ingredients.  Then slowly add 5-7 tablespoons of olive oil until the desired consistency. Serve on pasta!  Mmmmmmmm!!!!

On Saturday, I headed out to the Fine Art Museum of Houston.  It had an excellent collection of Renaissance art and a wing designed by Mies van der Rohe-- a pioneer of modern design.  You might not know his name but you will certainly recognize this beautiful and popular little design of his: Barcelona Chair.  

On Sunday, the family headed to the beach.... Click here to see Adrienne's awesome post about our day.  

On Tuesday, a coworker and myself headed to the Decorative Center of Houston to attend a panel discussion about interior designers and social media (a huge part of my job!).  The panel was comprised of several of the industries most popular bloggers who gave excellent advice on how social media can be used to connect to just about everyone.  Of course after this, my 'to do' list grew exponentially!  


Chelsea (my coworker from By Design), Jillian St. Charles from HGTV.com and myself!  Meeting Jillian was so exciting; Cindy and Peggy from By Design have been posting items to HGTV.com and love how easy and involved the site it.  We immediately get feedback from people all over the country who just love design.

Chelsea and I with Ronda Carman from AlltheBestBlog.com
Ronda's blog follows all aspects of amazing design; from interviews to awesome products, AlltheBestBlog.com includes all that is awesome style.  The panel also included Brad Ford of DesignTherapy.com, Joni Webb of CotedeTexas.blogspot.com and Sophie Donelson and Julia Noran of The Editor at Large. 

I think one of the things said throughout the discussion was by Sophie, "Until you start defining yourself online, other people are doing it for you!"  Its better to control what is going to pop up when people Google your name!

After the panel discussion, we headed to a Greater Houston Builders Association networking event at Lighting Unlimited.  

Some of the women of By Design!

Me, Peggy, Chelsea, Cindy, Katie, and Kimberly.....a bevy of blondes!

Whew! Its only Wednesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment