Background

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

100 Things about Erika

100 things about ME!
This is my 100th blog post and I thought it would be fun to celebrate it with 100 fun facts about....E!


  1. I have a strange attraction towards elephants.  I'm not sure what it is about them....but I love them!
  2. Ramon noodles might be my favorite food. Don't judge me, I've eaten them since I was 4!
  3. I love to cook and bake
  4. I can’t wait to go to Costa Rica, whenever that may be, hopefully soon!
  5. Christmas music is my favorite music of all time.  You can't help but feel good when listening to it.
  6. Smores and rice crispee treats are my favorite sweets
  7. Cherrie Lime-aid slushes from Sonic are SO good
  8. I am incredibly thankful for everything I am and everything I have.
  9. I hope to pet a tiger sometime in my life
  10. I have fallen in love with country dancing, but not country music :)
  11. Ultimate Frisbee might be one of the greatest games ever invented and I thank my dad for teaching me how to throw a Frisbee! Flatter platter J
  12. I think I am becoming more and more eclectic every day
  13. Dresses are amazing, one outfit all at once
  14. I have learned my ‘love language’ is acts of service.  (I show love by doing things for other people)
  15. My receiving love language is ‘words of praise’ (I feel the most loved when I am verbally praised)
  16. I could watch Princess Bride any day all day.  And if I can't watch it, I could quote the entire thing.
  17. As cliché as it may be, I think butterflies are just beautiful—don't worry, I will never get a tattoo of one.
  18. If I had a magical power, I would want to fly.
  19. Sometimes I argue with myself that laughing a lot counts as a good workout
  20. I have always loved flowers and would not be opposed to being a florist someday.
  21. I hate being tickled which is tricky because I am ticklish almost everywhere!.
  22. I hate mustard
  23. I couldn’t live without my camera- it is always in my purse and yes, I have taken pictures while driving.  My favorite one was of a man with a sign that read “Family abducted by aliens. Please help!”
  24. Homemade Bloody Marys are my favorite drink- Thank you Uncle Steve!
  25. After much debate with myself, strawberries are my favorite fruit
  26. People who are passionate about what they do inspire me.
  27. I think hugs are one of the best ways to say ‘I love you’
  28. I love my car and am pretty set on never getting rid of Winston
  29. I do use chocolate as a vice sometimes
  30. I hate beans with a passion.   They make me gag, I learned that the hard way.
  31. I wish we still had a trampoline.
  32. I want to try surfing at least once in my life
  33. I am not much of a reader
  34. I love Martha Stewart, becoming her was my #1 career choice.
  35. I don’t like medicures or pedicures
  36. Calla lilies are my favorite flower, any color!
  37. I really want a blood hound someday- might name her Petunia
  38. I have a scar on my butt crack from landing on trampoline springs, I don't think anyone knows that about me!  Please don't ask to see it!
  39. The Sound of Music might just be my all-time favorite movie
  40. I cried twice during the movie “Up
  41. “Hi” was my first word followed closely with “homework
  42. I am definitely  a dog person, but cats seem to like me.
  43. I made a New Year’s resolution to not buy any clothes, shoes or accessories for 6 months—going strong with 3 months to go!
  44. Bosch is one of my favorite meals, thank you grandma B!
  45. I would eat cold pizza over hot pizza any day.
  46. I want to travel....a lot. The world is pretty amazing! Australia, Thailand, Africa, Peru, Sicily, New Zealand, Figi, etc.... Here I come!
  47. I currently like Lady Gaga, maybe a little bit too much
  48. I love to laugh…a lot!
  49. I love to make other people laugh…a lot! 
  50. I think I’m pretty tough.  Most of the time.
  51. I love colors.
  52. I will never have a favorite color because it is always changing.
  53. Because of the tv show “Are you Afraid of the Dark” I am scared of open water.
  54. Because of having to do a bug collection in 9th grade, I hate bugs.
  55. I think Mark Twain has some of the best quotes of all time.  "Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand." MT
  56. Amy Butler is my favorite fabric designer, followed closely by Joel Dewberry and Anna Maria Horner.
  57. I am  slowly trying to learn how to sew.
  58. I know what I am good at, and tennis is not one of those things.
  59. Surprisingly, I am a really indecisive person but I'm learning not to be.
  60. I would like to thank Tivo for allowing me to watch as much of the Olympics as I want.
  61. Mittens are my favorite item of clothing.
  62. I believe in confidence.
  63. As simple as they are, bubbles are one of the greatest toys.
  64. The Office is my favorite TV show and I dance to the opening song every time I hear it!
  65. Not a day goes by when I don’t think of Capris.
  66. I don’t believe in booing, its mean.
  67. I believe everything works itself out, somehow, someway.
  68. Cheetos and pretzels are so delicious.
  69. Lucky Charms are my favorite cereal.
  70. Even though you always smell bad after having one, bonfire parties are perfect. Maybe because there are always smores.
  71. I think the stars are strangely magical, thank you Vincent Van Gogh- my favorite artist.
  72. I love watching thunderstorms and wanted to be a storm chaser when I grew up. That was before I found out they don’t get paid.
  73. I don’t know anything about cars and I am perfectly ok with that.
  74. I have only mowed the lawn once in my life, thank you Adrienne :) .
  75. I have considered going cage diving with sharks.
  76. I am constantly figeting. I will choose smiling over frowning any day/any time.  
  77. Little Miss Sunshine” made me realize how important/loving/amazing family is, even if they are a little cooky.
  78. I don’t like baseball I can't make it past the 5th inning without being bored out of my mind.
  79. MarioKart was/is the only video game I can play decently and even that statement is questionable.
  80. I like pillows.  There are 10 on my bed right now!
  81. I really like poetry and wish I spend more time reading and writing some.
  82. I remember when Miss America was something my mom, sister and I sat down to watch every year.
  83. I love love!
  84. I love getting compliments and now try to give as many as I can.
  85. My computer and I have a love-hate relationship.  That's probably describing it too nicely....I need it, it hates me....I hate that I need it! 
  86. Underwater basket weaving is a class I would be interested in taking. 
  87. I love Uncrustables- PP&J is classic.
  88. I love quoting stupid movies- they can narrate our lives.
  89. As much as I hate it, I cry when I get frustrated.  Hell, I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm sad....maybe I have overactive tear ducts!
  90. I only remember getting spanked once, which led me to run down the hallway crying and directly into a wall.
  91. I wish I were better at photography.
  92. Homemade chex mix is one of my all-time favorite snack foods.  Once I started choking while eating some, prepared to give myself the Heimlich by clearing off my desk, but started breathing again and proceeded to eat more chex mix. 
  93. When I first heard of blogging, I thought it was stupid…now look at me J
  94. I am so proud of what each member of my family has done and accomplished.  I love how life has a crazy and mysterious way of leading people to what they want and are good at.
  95. I can’t wink or whistle or roll my r's.
  96. I have eaten a cheese that has killed people.  Its illegal to sell in the US.  Now I'm obsessed with cheese....stinky gooey cheese!  The perfect bite of food: all at once- a buttery salty cracker, warm brie, a cashew and a dried cherry on top!
  97. I thank God that I grew out of my awkward phase.  That was a rough patch :)
  98. My sister and I have begun reading each others’ minds.
  99. I will always be a  kid at heart.  I have a feeling that I am becoming more childish the older I get.
  100. I am really loving life!
I would like to thank everyone in my life for being a  positive force and for constantly loving me!

2 comments:

  1. @#4-I think we should go to Costa Rica together!

    @#7-I just got a Cherry Limeade from Sonic!

    @#22-Good thing you didn't have the delicious mustard ranch chicken that we had last night.

    @#30-We are having chili tonight =)

    @#47-Lady Gaga too much? Not too much...too much to much

    @#48-"Stop laughing, your just egging her on!"

    @#56-Amy Butler has a new line out...amazing!

    @#58-Not good at tennis, but would look great in a tennis skirt!

    @#61-Since you can't wear mittens in the summer or Houston, what is your favorite piece of clothing for Texas?

    @#63-Bubbles are fantastic...especially if they involve Oscar!

    @#69-Good thing I bought Lucky Charms at HEB yesterday!

    @#74-You are welcome!

    @#79-Ditto

    @#87-I would have never known you like uncrustables!

    @#93-Good thing I introduced you to the blogging world! =)

    @#98-Watch out world!

    @#100-You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! Funny, silly, informative, and unbelievable too.

    #2. The amount of Ramen noodles you & Trav have eaten over the years has probably paid for their CEO's new car.

    #6. I craved Rice Krispie treats when I was pregnant with you. Would eat the entire pan!

    #7. My favorite flavor is Watermelon.

    #10. Thank goodness you haven't been bitten with the country music lovin bug!

    #12. Honey, you've always been ECLECTIC!

    #13. Exactly! A dress and a great pair of shoes is all a girl needs.

    #15. Anyone who knows you at all knows your "receiving" love language is praise. Has been since you were a very little girl.

    #16. And Beetle Juice, Love Actually, etc. etc. etc.

    #23. Me too! One of my favorite driving photos is of a burly biker with a fru-fru dog in his backpack. Cracks me up everytime I look at it.

    #24. Not even Uncle Steve's homemade Bloody Mary's makes me like the taste of booze.

    #33. You don't know what you're missing!

    #35. What is a medicure?

    36 - 38 Didn't know any of these!

    #39. You watched the Sound of Music so much, I now hate it!

    #41. Homework was definately two words the way you said it!

    #44. Me too! And we had it for Easter.

    #48. When I went to see Date Night last weekend, I laughed out loud just like you!

    #50. Tough - You've got to be kidding!

    #60. Can no longer live without it.

    #64. Never got that show.

    #66. I agree.

    #82. Those were fun nights guessing who would win! Always seemed to be Texas.

    #90. Now you know why we didn't spank you! You were a danger to yourself.

    #94. However, everytime you make it you open another Worstershier Sauce. There are 4 in the fridge right now.

    #95. I have none of these talents either! So they must be genetic.

    #100. I love that you are loving life!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete