Background

Thursday, January 7, 2010

New job, new state, new background, new toothbrush!

I must apologize for not posting in a couple of weeks, but life has been full of a whole lot of crazy! Between Christmas, New Year, visiting with friends and family, packing, moving, and of course, learning about insurance, I just haven't had the time to post an entry.


Christmas came and went so fast, I can't believe I am already settling myself in Houston, TX. Before leaving, I did all I could to catch up with old friends, visit with family, and spend lots of time with the rents. Old high school friends, Emily and Lisa after catching up at the Tap Room. Its amazing how in just 5 years, all of us have ended up all across the US: a couple in New York, one in Massachusetts, some in Indiana, and now Texas! Before leaving Michigan, my old friend, Meggie asked me to photograph her with her horse for her soon-to-be-launched website. I couldn't resist and although my toes were frozen almost instantly, we both had a lot of fun. Meggie and Hank.

For Christmas, AJ got me a Rice Crispy Treat Holiday House decorating kit. I loved it! We spent over an hour making the houses and decorating them with frosting and little candies. The houses lasted only until I could photograph them....then everyone enjoyed deconstructing them! Even Brenner! The night before I left Michigan, AJ's roommates, neighbors and other friends had a holiday party. We each cooked a different dish, had some presents to open, and played a quick game of 'Partini.'

Sara and Laicee enjoying all of the food.

AJ's brother made the most amazing looking stuffed peppers!
JR, James and Laicee.
Saying goodbye is never easy, especially when people and places have been so good. But I am determined to only think of it as a 'see you later' not a 'goodbye.' I think Texas will full of opportunity and hopefully soon, some warmer weather!
This pic is for you Emily! He loves the 'healthy snack' song!

2 comments:

  1. Even though you and me are the only ones who still read the blog, the new background is kickass! I miss you terribly and can't wait to see you again!
    ~me~

    ReplyDelete
  2. pfft whatever! I read it!
    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete