Background

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dallas Market

On my second day of work, some colleagues and I headed to Dallas to attend the Dallas Market Home and Gift Show. It is only open twice a year and is when manufacturers get to show off their stuff. We walked around for hours admiring just about everything. Global Views, Cyan, Arteriors, Tozai, Two's Company and Eighteen Karat were just a few of our favorite showrooms.
This was one of my favorite things of the day! It was so creative, a family tree created on a wall out of frames and colorful paper. We thought of so many places this would be great in a home and can be constructed anywhere!






Notice the cheese puffs used as decor! Although most showrooms offered complimentary food and drinks, it was so hard not to sneak a few treats!
Taking a break!
The market was a great way to see how furniture, colors and accessories are being organized in spaces, the scale of various items and fun new color pallattes. It seems like creativity never ends as new and creative products are constantly being introduced.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are such beautiful pictures! I LOVE the family tree. What a neat idea. Hopefully you found a lot of inspiration for all the projects you have with your new job! Fun fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH - I love it all! Especially the (I think they're paper) paper wall flowers in the orange, yellow, and white. Lots of creative things. Isn't it funny how beautiful paper is being used! I can't wait until I "need" something new!
    Love you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete