Background

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

GHBA Networking Event

By Design Interiors was invited to a GHBA (Greater Houston Home builders Association) networking event. It was hosted at a natural stone supplier, Cangelosi's who was celebrating their 40th anniversary in business. Their showroom was full of beautiful examples of granites, marbles, limestones and photographs of amazing examples of their work.
The event was a great opportunity to meet other people in the industry, designers, contractors, product representatives, painters, etc. This fellow, believe it or not, is from Michigan.
Cindy socializing.
Great food!
Larissa and I. Larissa has been helping me as I have been developing social media for Cindy, the designer I work for. I visit her office at least 4 or 5 times a day with various questions and she is always so helpful.
Amber and guys.
Various product and company representatives.

Working for Cindy at By Design has already been an amazing experience; I am doing and learning things I never imagined I would (like website design) as well as working on the interior design things. I love going to work everyday, I love the people I am working with, and I love the things I am doing. Doesn't really feel a whole lot like work in the end!
The network of people involved is so much larger than I ever thought, (there were over 200 people at this event alone!) and everyone is so excited to help everyone else.

If I ever thought interior design was not the right choice for me....that idea has been permanently blocked from my mind!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Always a nice thing to feel that you made the right decision.
    By the way, I got the job I wanted! Research on the Dominican Republic! Yay for grown-up jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika - with these great posts, we may make you the permanent blog-updater for By Design. HA HA! (or I may just steal some of your info and copy it over to our blog - giving you credit of course.) ;-) So glad you are enjoying working with all of us, we are excited to have you here too ~ There is never a dull moment, that's for sure!

    Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey - I love your new blog layout; it is just gorgeous (where did you get it?)! I am so happy you are enjoying your new job (I always knew it was the right one for you). Dad & I are always so excited when you post a new entry, it sure helps to keep up on what you are doing! Have you started looking for an apartment?
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete