Background

Saturday, November 7, 2009

WSU CC @ Kenosha

This weekend mom, dad and I headed to Kenosha, WI to watch Travis and WSU's men's cross country team run at the NCAA Regional Championships. It was quite a long drive and since we were staying a night in Kenosha, we dropped the dogs off at grandma and grandpa's farm.
The dogs were restless, constantly hopping from the backseat to the front and back again. Here, Mac is sitting on the two center arm rests in between mom and dad watching the road.
Passing by Chicago!
Once we finally arrived in Kenosha, we treated ourselves to an incredibly delicious meal at a German/American restaurant called House of Gerhard's. We shared a Bavarian Roast, an Oscar Schnitzel and the house appetizers among the three of us. After my first bite, I was in heaven. The food was delicious and we cleaned all of the plates!
The men ran at 11am at the University of Wisconsin Parkside. The course was intense. After a short start, the men were up a hill and hiding behind the first hill was a second hill! They had to circle around and climb the hills one more time during the 10k race.
Mom sneaked a shot of the team stretching just before the start of the race.
About a half a mile after the start, the team ran by us and I couldn't believe the shot I got of all of them! We were able to see the team 4 more times after the start including the incredible finish.
WSU butts.

Travis finished second on his team and 29th overall with a time of 34.16.1

Getting some love!
More love!
We are so proud of him!!! I have been so blessed to be able to go to so many meets this year!!! Great job bud!!!

2 comments:

  1. You didn't include the story of Olive falling into my Coke or my Zot comeback. I'm really disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...Trav's beard is kind of...disgusting! If he still has it when they come down for Thanksgiving I'm pretty sure Brenner will be scared and cry!

    ReplyDelete