Background

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Big Surprises and Big Fun

Tuesday night, mom and I headed out to see "Amelia," the movie about Amelia Earhart. It was excellent and I wouldn't be surprised it recieves several Academy Awards/nomination. On our way home, I was so scrunched up into a ball in the car, I didn't even notice AJ's car in the driveway and was excitedly overjoyed to see him sitting at the table having a beer with dad. We spent the evening looking through photos of our trip so we can put together a book of our three months in Europe.
At the new Howell High School, Showcase Entertainement is filming a new tween show called "The Wannabes." A Radio Disney teen group from Texas, Savvy, is starring as the lead roles in the show. Through some good luck and a few emails, I made my way onto the Extras List and on Wednesday I had my first day of work. I was a background extra for their new music video, "Let's Go."
The premise of the show is that 6 strangers meet at a Performing Arts Boarding School. They all have dreams of becoming popstars and think that they are going to learn everything they need to know to become popstars at the school. Well, they are wrong. Instead, they are taught the traditional performing arts, including ballet. The six unite in their quest and form a pop group called The Wannabes and perform in secret around town.

Since we weren't allowed to take any photographes of the set, here is just a little proof that I was there. Cindy was another extra who I got to dance next to for almost 5 hours! We don't know when the video will be released, but I am excited to see it and hopefully see myself in the background.

All around the school, sets are set up for the show. The cafeteria has banners and lunch menu signs, different classrooms are already arranged and There were about 50 extras from all over the state of Michigan. Click here for a sneak peak of Savvy as The Wannabes.

1 comment:

  1. You were so funny when you finally realized AJ was in the house! Amazingly I kept the secret.

    ReplyDelete