Background

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Recapping a Busy Week

I can only describe this week as crazy! At every moment of every day I had somewhere to be, something to do and someone to be with. I enjoyed every moment of it and now, taking a moment to think about the past 7 days, I think I accomplished quite a bit.
The week began with a big project...painting AJ's parents' basement! The walls are a fake wood paneling and it was time for a change. After thoroughly scrubbing the walls clean, applying two coats of primer, it was finally time to pick out some colors.
After pulling over 50 paint samples from Home Depot, I couldn't chose just one color. So I picked five! Only two of the walls are striped while the rest are a nice light white. The project took over three days, incredibly sore hands, and a coating of paint on myself before it was finished. We still have to do some final touches and furniture moving, then we'll have some great finished photos.
On Wednesday and Thursday, I participated in a Holiday Boutique at Grosse Ile Golf and Country Club. The boutique was hosted by one of my old roommates/teammates and it was so nice seeing her again. I did pretty well for myself the first night but bad timing with bridge closures kept a lot of people from coming on the second day. Although there were only 18 craftors/vendors, the show had quite a variety of things. Painted wine glasses, clothing, candles, cupcakes, and floral arrangements were just a few of the items there.
I was so excited when my Aunt Rose, Uncle Joe and their two kids surprised me at my grandparents house on Thursday night.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner, searched for secret treasure, and ate lots of cookies! I got to hear all about Katie starting school, how big their new puppy is getting and even a little of Joey's singing!
On Friday and Saturday, I headed to Livonia to watch my cousin Nikki swim in the Catholic League Championships. Despite being so close, I had never had the chance to watch her swim before and I couldn't wait to see her kick some ass :)
And kick some ass she did! Not only did she win every race she was in, she broke two league records simultaneously breaking the pool records as well! The record she broke in the 100 fly was 29 years old! Here she is getting her first place medal from her Mercy coach.



Nikki with a winning relay! Mercy ended up winning almost every event and the meet as well. Next they will end their season with the State Championships in a couple of weeks. They certainly have the most supportive and crazy parents in the stands complete with their own cheers, t-shirts, and poster boards.
I can't believe the week is already over! I love being busy and having lots to do, but I am certainly enjoying the vedge day I am having right now! Next, I head to Houston to visit with my sister and her family and work a little at an interior design firm!

1 comment:

  1. Awsome Erika. Loved the crazy parents comment. Have fun in Texas....

    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete