Background

Saturday, October 24, 2009

WSU Cross Country at GLIAC Championships

While AJ was in Indianapolis with the WSU swim teams today, my parents, grandparents and I ventured near Saginaw to watch my little brother run in the GLIAC Championships for cross country.
Here is Wayne State's team in a huddle just before the race began. It was not warm today and lightly drizzled throughout the entire race. While we were all bundled in several layers, the runners stripped down to their uniforms just before the race began and made us colder just watching them.
Go Travis! GO!!
Travis finished the 8k race in a personal best time dropping 20 seconds and we are so proud of him! Here he is getting some sugar from bundled up Grandma B.
Here's Travis and me! Trav moved up 82 spots from last years finish!!! He was fourth on the team and 32nd overall. It might have been the rain, or maybe I had something in both of my eyes, but I was so happy for him!
After the race we headed to Frankenmuth to enjoy a chicken lunch. We sampled the stuffed chicken, fried chicken, Michigan salad, spatzel, squash, and much more. It was scrumptious and all of us cleaned our plates. We were lucky enough to have the Zendor's chicken come out and say 'hi' to us all. I couldn't miss the photo op with dad!

1 comment:

  1. haha...so funny that you got a photo of Dad with the chicken! cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete