Background

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Family Time

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers

Since all of the grandkids have been growing up, it has become more and more difficult to spend time together with the family. Everyone has been movin' and shakin' all over the place and are settling across the U.S. It sounds cliche but time goes so fast and sometimes we get way too caught up in our lives to remember so spend time with our families. Even the few minutes or hours we spent with cousins, aunts, grandpas, etc. was more than enough to remind us how much love a family has for one another.
My cousin Kim, who I can't believe is already a senior (and who I named my hamsters after!) was nominated for her high school's Homecoming Court. Grandma, Grandpa and my mom and I drove down through the rain to the football game to cheer her on.
It was cold and miserably raining but no one could stop smiling while we were shivering huddling together in a big group.
Kim was among 10 girls nominated to the court and she looked so beautiful! We were getting colder just watching her shiver next to her parents who are wearing their winter coats.
We also make a trek down to Muncie, IN to see some more family. My aunt and her family were all together for the weekend and we enjoyed catching up over breakfast and lunch. It had been years since I had seen some of my family and that was way too long.
While we are young and playing around, we don't realize how lucky we are to see each other so often. Now, when we hardly get to see each other is when we need and miss each other the most.

While I got to spend time with my family this weekend, AJ is doing some catching up of his own. His brother, dad, uncle and him are heading to the Lion's game at Ford Field today.
You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

1 comment:

  1. Good post...wish we could have been there! Got the magazine tearouts you sent. SO thoughtful! Love yah bunches!

    ReplyDelete