Background

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tired feet

This is the Natural History Museum in London and the architecture was absolutely beautiful! The best part about it was that they have made all museums free of charge for admittance, which makes it very nice for us as we are trying to save as much money as possible.
Later on we want to Covent Gardens and watched some of the street performers and, naturally, Erika was grabbed and put on stage. The small child in the red whose name is Eddy was pushed through Erika and the other's legs by the street performer, which was quite embarrassing as you could imagine.
Turning into superman!
Outside the Natural History Museum.
Our visit to the Picadilly Circus which is reminiscent of a mini Times Square. We experienced typical London weather when it started to rain on us. This is a statue of something famous.


Today we visited the Chelsea Football Stadium and Erika decided to join the team! Football is not just a sport over here is is somewhat of a lifestyle for many. What we would consider our most rowdy fans are tame in London where hooligans are regulars. Hooligans, for those that do not know, are sort of like gang members that rally around a particular football club and often brawl with other hooligan clubs.












6 comments:

  1. Erika! I'm so glad I found this blog...I'm excited to see what adventures you have this summer. When will you be back? I still want to see you, and will be leaving for FL early Sept. Have fun over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are already having a great time!!! I love the pics - esp the one where Erika gets pulled into the street performer's skit, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See AJ I told you that Chelsea FC was huge in London! I'm looking forward to my postcard haha.
    These pics are awesome, I hope you guys are having a blast!

    -Chelsea Lord

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you guys got to be inside a telephone booth! I've always wanted to do that! I hope you guys are having fun! It definetly looks like you are!
    Love,
    Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you guys are super tired, but you look like you are having a super fun time! Boo misses you and his first tooth is coming in! p.s. I miss you SO much already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you accomplished so much in one day. I'm sure your feet are tired. I love the street performer pic. I'm sure Eddy got an eye full but at his age wasn't very impressed!

    ReplyDelete