Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mini Vaca - Part 1

This past weekend, Evan and I took a mini vacation to Galveston, TX.  When I say mini...I mean it.  We were in Galveston for less than 36 hours but we had a blast and certainly filled our time with some great stuff.
Keeping in line with my current obsession with good food, we stopped at a restaurant called Gilhooly's.  This little place is definitely off the beaten path in a town about 30 minutes from Galveston, called Kemah. But is has become well known for its fresh seafood and relaxing atmosphere.
Evan enjoying the beautiful weather and a beer.

To start...we got one of Gilhooly's specialties.....fried oysters with shrimp...mmmmmm!!

And we split a bowl of gumbo...you can't go to the gulf and not enjoy a bowl of seafood gumbo! The weather was perfect while we sat outside enjoying our food.
Evan retaliated my picture taking by taking pictures of me :)  

More to come of our weekend getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment