Background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Making it Right

Here's a recent blog post Cindy and I wrote together about some of the difficulties that arise during out job.  "Making it Right" talks about how problems arise and how we fix them.

"I hate to admit it, but more often than I would like, something goes wrong in this profession:

*A fabric is back-ordered for months
*A moving person drops and breaks a brand new piece of furniture
*A manufacturer is slow to respond
*Not enough tile is ordered
*A product is stuck in customs after its month long voyage at sea
*The list could go on and on…….

While I am admitting to things, sometimes the cause of a problem is my fault (I have a beautiful sideboard in my house that I did not mean to order for a client and could not return!) but many times things (like receiving a fabric with an error in it) are beyond my control.


This bathroom is an instance where the originally selected light fixtures didn't fit right into the space.  But instead of trying to convince myself and the client that they were ok- we reselected the fixtures to make sure the bathroom was perfect.

Whether it is beyond my control or not, I will always do my best to keep my client informed and always strive to create a happy ending for everyone involved. If plan A falls through, there is always a plan B, and C in my back pocket. I only work with trusted vendors, contractors, and craftspeople to ensure that the end result is as perfect and smoothly executed as possible.
Remodeling a home can be a frustrating ordeal and the last thing you want is for something to go wrong. But when something does, I always admit an error and apologize, fix the problem, and create a beautiful design for your space to give you a great reason to keep working with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment