Background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stuck in the Mud!

When I say I am an interior designer, I often get responses along the lines of "ooh....how fun!" or "I would just love to look at fabrics all day!" And although it is an incredibly fun job that I feel lucky to have, I usually don't spend much of my day searching through materials.  In fact, much of my time is spent doing less-than-glamorous things.  Recently, I have developed amazing skills in high heels; I can walk backwards carrying a box weighing well over 30 lbs. through a construction site all while wearing my favorite pair of shiny black heels. 
Although most of the time I can get away without wrinkling my dress, sometimes the down-and-dirty aspects of this job make themselves wildly apparent.  While meeting with a client and builder at a construction site recently, it began to downpour and storm like the best of them.  On one hand, it really cooled off the mid-construction, non air-conditioned space during our 2-hour meeting.  On the other hand, the torrents of rain created a really disgusting mud trap of the front yard of the home with now way around it.  
We had to walk through it.  
And we sank.
I took a few moments to photograph my slime covered shoes to show that while our end results are beautiful, sparkling and stunning, the process to get there isn't always clean and tidy. 

1 comment:

  1. That's really gross! Maybe you should keep a pair of yucky boots in the back seat. I'd hate for you to ruin your new shoes in this way - hahahaha.
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete