Background

Friday, September 10, 2010

Memo Boards

Last week, I got to do a really fun hands-on project...not something I get to do that often at work.  Most of my design work is done on the computer and then the physical creating is delegated to someone else!  But this time, I got to make some really adorable memo boards for a kitchen desk area...that I also designed.
After selecting and purchasing some batting, I had a builder measure and cut some plywood boards that would fit perfectly in the back of the desk.
I cut out the batting so that it was slightly bigger than the board, wrapped the edges of the board in the batting and stapled it down.
After choosing which part of the fabric pattern I wanted showing, I did the same with the fabric.
Using some nailheads and ribbon, I added some decorative touches!
I can't wait to show you the rest of the kitchen!  The update for the 1950s ranch-style home turned out so adorable with some really classic materials!

2 comments:

  1. Love that fabric. Great job sweetie - very creative!
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! you made it yourself. I make them too

    ReplyDelete