Background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Houston's Best Awards 2010

Saturday night was an incredibly fun night...and a rewarding one as well!  The Greater Houston Builders Association hosted their annual awards gala where Houston area builders, designers, remodelers and other associates vie for the best designs, marketing, advertising and much more.  By Design Interiors, Inc. submitted 8 entries to the GHBA Houston's Best Awards and came out with 5 winners!
Cindy, me, Lucas, Adrienne and Amber
Never quite sure how the judging is going to go, we all rubbed Amber's husband's head for luck before the awards ceremony began.  Notice the woman's face in the background.....little did she know that we were about to clean house with awards!
By Design accidentally purchased an extra ticket for the event and after failing to find a vendor or GHBA friend to go, I was able to give the ticket to Adrienne.  I knew she would be an epic leader on the dance floor! and boy was I right!
Cindy and Amber won three awards for their work with Mary Puskar; her dining room, family room and bedroom all won for Best Interior Design in those categories.
Peggy Fuller, the owner of By Design, won two awards for her entries in the Best Living Room and Best Bathroom.
Evan and I.....
After the awards ceremony, an 80's cover band entertained us for several hours.  Or should I say, we entertained them!  Several times our group was invited onto the stage because of our fun and borderline ridiculous antics. Here, our office manager Nancie, marketing director Chelsea and Cindy's man Scott are singing and dancing along with the band!
Cindy, Larissa, Amber and I taking a breather from the dancing!

Sunday morning I received a thoughtful text message from our marketing director Chelsea informing me that if I posted any photos of her prior to her approval, she would ensure my next few weeks at the office would not be enjoyable! :)  The professional photos have not been released yet, so don't think you've seen all of the pics yet!  

1 comment:

  1. What a great bunch of pictures. Looks like a GREAT time was had by all! Both you and Adrienne look divine. Wish I could see those amamzing shoes you bought to go with the dress. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete