Background

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Celebration of Wine

Last week, By Design was invited to a wine tasting event and I couldn't wait to go.  I have never done an actual wine tasting before even though I love wine!
Two refrigeration distributors hosted the event to showcase small wine refrigerators.  They had four each set to two different temperatures to house the eight different wines we tried.  I had planned on circling all of the wines I like and gave up after I liked them all!
The man in the middle, Dan Redmond of Mosaic Wine Group is a wine broker and worked with the man on the left, Robert Craig who is a wine maker from Napa Valley and the restaurant Benjy's to create the wine parings we enjoyed.
Cindy and Dan Redmond.  Dan and Robert did a great job educating us about the different wines, how they were made and why serving them at the correct temperature is so important.  I learned that most people serve white wines too cold and that mutes all of the aromas and flavors.
The event was hosted at a restaurant called Benjy's.  Their wine room was amazing and perfect for the cozy event.
Cindy and I with the wine maker, Robert Craig.  As we were having our picture taken with him, he said this was the best part of his job! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Your dad will be so upset he didn't get to attend this with you! You better be ready to share all you learned with him! Better yet, send him a bottle of your favorite.
    Love you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad my favorite was $125 a bottle!! haha! Maybe in a few years :)

    ReplyDelete